“Park Avenue Synagogue is a warm, welcoming community with a lot to offer. From inspirational services to engaging classes to events for all ages, we hope you will join us!”Rachel Zorbaron, Director of Membership
Take the Plunge
Thank you for your interest in Park Avenue Synagogue! As Director of Membership, I am often asked, “Where do I begin?” There is an ocean of activity to jump into at PAS. I can assure you that once you take the jump, you’ll find a multifaceted community ready to embrace you however you want to participate.
We live in challenging times, and many of us need a spiritual place of refuge. What makes PAS stand out isn’t just the talented clergy and committed staff. It’s our members – from those participating in groups and committees to the babies in Young Family Education. What we have learned in going virtual is that PAS is truly a source of respite, regardless of physical space. We are a community in harmony, ready and waiting for you!
Feel free to speak with Rachel Zorbaron, Director of Membership. We look forward to seeing you!
Affirming Our Values
We are excited to share the Park Avenue Synagogue Community Covenant with you! As part of creating our Kehillah Kedoshah (sacred community), these values represent our shared commitment to honoring and respecting each other. It is a symbolic affirmation that each member of the synagogue, staff, and clergy will follow its points. As we enter 5781, we are asking each PAS family to not only read the covenant, but also sign their names as we continue on our journey toward being a community committed to inclusion and respect.
SIGN THE PAS COMMUNITY COVENANT
|Membership Type||Dues||Surcharges*||Total Dues|
|Family 1 (2 adults with or without Children)||$1,895||$874||$2,769|
|Family 2 (1 adult with children)||$1,280||$874||$2,154|
|Non-NYC Resident (Family or Individual)||$820||n/a||$820|
In addition to membership dues, all members are required to pay the following surcharges:
- Security: $400
- Building Surcharge: $375
- Community Dues: $99 (United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism & Jewish Theological Seminary)
- Security: $200
- Building Surcharge: $175
- Community Dues: $62 (United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism & Jewish Theological Seminary)
*Family memberships may include children up to 23 years of age
*Any married person applying for membership must join under Family 1 membership category
*Any single person with children up to 23 years of age applying for membership must join under he Family 2 membership category
HIGH HOLIDAYS: TICKETS AND SEATING
- Family 1 members receive 2 unreserved tickets for the High Holidays.
- Family 2 members receive 1 unreserved ticket for the High Holidays.
- Individual members receive 1 unreserved ticket for the High Holidays.
- Non-NYC Resident members are not eligible for High Holiday tickets or seating.
*Children age 23 and under do not need a ticket
*Accounts must be in good standing to receive tickets
Dues for Reserved Seat Holders
- Reserved seat holders pay the annual membership dues listed below depending on the location of their seats.
- Currently all reserved seats have been assigned. Therefore only Aleph Memberships are available. Seats are provided based on availability once requested.
- These annual rates include membership dues and reserved seats. Surcharges listed above are additional: $874/Family; $437/Individual.
|Seat Location||Per Seat|
|Lower Level 1||$1,885|
|Lower Level 2||$1,280|
Maintenance Fund: Membership dues cover a portion of our operating costs. Therefore, in addition to dues, members who receive reserved seats will be required to make a one-time contribution: $2,000/family membership; $1,000/individual membership.
Reserved Seat Premium: Reserved seat holders with more than 2 seats will be responsible for the cost of each extra seat, plus a premium: $500 for three seats; $1,375 for four seats; $2,525 for five seats; $3,675 for six seats; $4,850 for seven seats; and $6,050 for eight seats.
Please contact Beryl Chernov at 212-369-2600 for details on more than eight reserved seats.