Throughout our history, PAS has stood on the vanguard of LGBTQ+ rights and gender equity in the Conservative Movement. Even in the midst of a pandemic, we found a way to observe Pride, from celebrating the art of drag to honoring the legacy of gay Jewish activist Harvey Milk. Help us continue the work of making our community an affirming place for all people.
Na’aseh / Do
- Create safe spaces: Explore the resources offered by Keshet, from community inclusion guidelines to ways each of us can support our LGBTQ+ family and friends.
- Learn more from Safety Respect Equity, an organization that strives to ensure safe and equitable Jewish workplaces and communal spaces by addressing sexual harassment, sexism, and gender discrimination. While visiting the site, select an action that you can integrate into your daily life.
- Add your gender pronouns into your email signature, Instagram bio, or Facebook account, and learn about using people's correct pronouns.
Nishma / Learn
- Browse from these articles about the gender gap in the Jewish community.
- Get together with friends on Zoom and read and discuss any of the resources on our read / watch / listen lists for adults and kids.
- These source sheets address issues of gender and feminism, emphasizing female characters and leadership in the Jewish tradition:
To receive periodic updates about resources related to LGBTQ+ and gender quality, sign up for our email list.