On Sunday, November 18, PAS community members of all ages came together to complete projects that will enrich the lives of more than 2,000 individuals and families in need. The Department of Synagogue Programming and the VKW Mitzvah Day committee had worked for months in advance with the Arms and Committees organizing projects to benefit people in need here in New York City and in Israel. Here is what we accomplished:
• 60 care packages for Israeli Lone Soldiers
• 60 winter preparedness packages for Project Ezra, helping Jewish senior citizens on the Lower East Side
• 75 winter care packages for The Blue Card, serving Holocaust survivors
• 100 toiletry packages for The Jewish Board Women’s Shelter
• 100+ children's literacy bags distributed through The Jewish Board
• 100 Hanukkah craft kits for The Jewish Board clients in need of cheer
• 200 toys collected for The Jewish Board’s holiday toy distribution
• 350 sandwiches for Coalition for the Homeless
• $360 of Tzedakah money collected for the PAS Welfare Fund
• 1000 Thanksgiving bags packed by our teens for PAS Food Pantry
• Hundreds of PAS members engaged in Tikkun Olam!
The ECC Holiday Toy drive for children at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Department of Pediatrics kicked off on Mitzvah Day. Donations will be accepted through December 7.
Thank you to all for being a part of this very special day!
Blair Klaff and Jamie Bahar, Mitzvah Day co-chairs
Mara Bernstein, Director of Synagogue Programming and Adult Education