Voting is one of the most effective tools for enacting change. PAS believes that all eligible citizens should be able to vote safely, securely, and conveniently, and have their vote counted. Vote and encourage others to do so by exploring the opportunities below.
Na’aseh / Do
- Register to vote or get your absentee ballot through the New York City and New York State Boards of Elections.
- New York City is facing a shortage of poll workers for Election Day. If you are not in a high-risk group and interested in being a NYC poll worker, you can learn more here.
- Join PAS as we partner with Dayenu’s Chutzpah2020, a non-partisan voter outreach initiative. If you would like to get involved please email Ellie Benjamin.
Nishma / Learn
- Learn more about voter rights and voter suppression through Election Protection, the largest nonpartisan coalition focused on ensuring voter rights during early voting, in absentee voting, and at the polls on Election Day. There are also ways for lawyers and non-lawyers alike to volunteer.
- Read an age-appropriate book about elections and voting from this list recommended by Common Sense Media with your child.
To receive periodic updates about resources related to voting rights, subscribe to our email list.