A global pandemic has created unprecedented need, both locally and nationally. We are committed to staying connected safely with our members and their loved ones through services, classes, and other opportunities for engagement. Find out how you can respond to this new reality below.
Na’aseh / Do
- Create a “project in a box,” send a video message of support, film a video lesson to share, lead an activity via Zoom, or host an online game and become a virtual volunteer, all through the Jewish Board. Send an email to get matched with a program.
- Learn how to care for the elders in your life with our DOROT social worker. Email Mara Bernstein if interested.
Nishma / Learn
- Read or watch Rabbi Cosgrove’s recent inspiring sermons on living through the pandemic.
- "Social Solidarity . . . Not Distancing" – a call for social solidarity at a time of physical distancing.
- "The Next Right Thing" – on decision fatigue during a global pandemic.
- "Dreams Deferred" – on responding to loss during this pandemic.
- "Like I Told You, It's an Honor" – on serving as clergy in the past several months.
- Read Jewish sources discussing different responses to crisis.
To receive periodic updates about resources related to COVID-19 response, sign up for the Tikkun Olam email list.